Friday, February 19, 2010

Siem Reap, Again


Back in Siem Reap for a couple days. Still recommend Siem as a great weekend place. Full of charm and friendly people. However, do not come during the high season. Much nicer during the low season (although hot and humid) as the crowds are mostly gone and the ruins are much nicer without crowds.

Very much recommend the hotel I stayed at this time, Antanue Angkor Villa. Expedia.com screwed up my reservation, but the hotel did everything they could to make me comfortable (expedia.com booked me into a room that wasn't available, the hotel sorted it out without help from expedia.com). Also, its great after being out all day to come backto a hotel that greats you with a cold towel and a cold drink. Stay here! Reasonable rates at around $50 USD a night. If I ever own a small hotel, I want it to be like this one.